Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First world problems

Ah, well, I survived the first day. And actually, it was pretty great; I think I'm going to get along really well with my coworkers. I had a few snafus with the bus—not quite knowing how to activate my month-long pass and waiting at the wrong stop for half an hour at the end of the day—but I made it to work on time, and I guess that's all that really matters.

Riding the bus made me feel a bit like a little kid again; unsure of myself and a little embarrassed at my own hesitation. I suppose this qualifies as a first world problem, since I've had access to a car of my own pretty consistently since I learned to drive.


4-24_firstday1

4-24_firstday2

4-24_firstday3

4-24_firstday4
shirt, heels: thrifted
vest: Forever 21
slacks: New York & Company
necklace and earrings: InPink.com giveaway win from The Daybook
bracelet: don't remember
lipstick: Cover Girl in Rich


Other first world problems I've been experiencing lately? My phone. When I first started buying Android phones, I thought they were the greatest things ever. I was wrong. They constantly have software problems, and after less than two years with my current Droid 2, I'm experiencing some major function-disrupting issues. I'm in the market for a used/older model iPhone (3G, perhaps?) to tide me over until I can upgrade to a new iPhone in January. Anyone looking to sell their old Verizon or unlocked iPhone? Or does anyone know how to unlock an AT&T one?

And because this is a style blog, I'd be remiss if I didn't lament the first-world problem of my lack of a between-season coat. I have my heavy, I'm-ready-to-go-skiing-in-the-Alps down coat, and my light, it's 60-degrees-and-a-bit-breezy trench coats. But nothing in between. What I really need is a nice pea coat, maybe in houndstooth or a fun color like purple or green, but I'm pretty sure I've missed the sales on coats like that. And ordering online isn't an option, as I'm built like an angular, top-heavy hourglass: disproportionately broad shoulders, a teeny waist and virtually no hips to speak of. Le sigh.

4 comments:

  1. My android is a piece of shizz as well. I've only had my phone for a year. I can't wait to get an iphone. (congrats on the job, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vest! It's cute!

    My friend had nothing but problems with her Droid too and ended up going to iPhone. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the hair cut! Sorry about the waiting for the wrong bus thing. I've never really ridden a bus since high school either, it's never been practical for me. I would DEFINITELY need a smart phone if I commuted like that. My phone unlocking skillz are non-existent though. So I can't help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I love your hair cut! Glad to hear you survived the first day. I love my iPhone and I'd say it's a good choice :) Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!