Monday, June 6, 2011

Epic Weekend

I know that having two "epic" posts in a row is kind of overwhelming, but I have to say that it's kind of necessary. Because my weekend was just about perfect. Friday started off pretty rough, but after I finally got medicine that works on my migraines (hooray!) the day got a whole lot better. I made the awesome feast I mentioned, which I'll post photos/recipes for later.

Saturday Matt and I lazed around in bed for a bit, then I made cherry vanilla pancakes. YUM.



Is there anything better than awesome fresh fruit? I love summer. I'd post a recipe for the pancakes, which were delicious, but I have a confession to make: I don't usually make pancakes from scratch. I'm not enough of a morning person for that, so I usually make them from the box. Which is what I did Saturday morning; I just threw in some chopped cherries and a splash of vanilla extract. I highly recommend.

After breakfast, we went down to the Audubon park to climb for a bit. Got some really great routes done, even one that I thought was beyond my ability, but I'm still sore for it. Totally worth it. We got a late lunch at Dirty Frank's, which is this gourmet hot dog place. If you live in Columbus and haven't tried this place yet, you're doing yourself a serious disservice.

Then we laid around by the pool for a bit, watched some TV and were just generally lazy. Got Chinese for dinner (hooray for cooking mini-vacations, ha) and met some friends out at the bars. Overall, an amazing day.

Yesterday I went to the Columbus Arts Festival for a bit with my aunt, then raided her moving sale items and snagged a couple great lamps. Then I read half of the seventh Harry Potter book. What a nerd I am.

No real outfits of note this weekend, but I have a few great ones from last week that I want to share. Might have to do two posts today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!