Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Promise-slash-Resolution

I've been slacking. With the blog, with my freelance work, with my social life...a lot of things, really. For a while, I was blaming it on working three jobs. That's a great excuse to pull back on other areas of life, in my opinion. But now that I'm back down to two, I either have to start blaming it on something else (granted, I do have seasonal depression, which is another fantastic excuse), or step it up and start getting with the program.

See, my dear bloggy friend Sydney wrote an amazing post about living with purpose. And I realized that I needed to take a page out of her book. From little things, like waking up when my alarm goes off instead of hitting snooze for 30 minutes, to big things, like cleaning the house (hey, dusting/mopping/scrubbing the toilet are big things to me)...I need to start living my life again, instead of drifting through it. Especially at this time of year.






shirt, flats: Target
button-up layering shirt: New York & Company
khakis: Old Navy
necklace: The Limited

So I'm going to start planning my outfits better. (Better being a relative term...I usually decide what to wear that morning, standing bleary-eyed in front of my closet. Not the best method at all.) I also want to start thrifting more, which means I need to spend less of my Financial Diet allowance on eating out. I want to start working out again, and planning meals better, since I usually just eat whatever I can find during the week when Matt's traveling. Last night's dinner? Eggs over-medium with some leftover French bread that was in the fridge. Not a real dinner. I want to start posting every weekday again.

So thanks, Syd, for giving me some inspiration! I'll let you all know how it goes :)

4 comments:

  1. how do you manage to look so cute? love that color on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya! But, with 3 (now 2) jobs, I think you've done a great job with your blog!

    Btw, I love your outfit and shoes! You know I'm a sucker for leopard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww schmea SO happy that you were inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!