Monday, January 23, 2012

Appreciating the little things

Last week seemed to drag on forever, between the million different things that were (are) stressing me out. But Friday night, when Matt came home from work, we went out for dinner. And as we were driving, I happened to see into someone's front window, a blanket fort. So of course I started going on and on about how much fun they were when I was a kid, and wouldn't it be fun to build a fort that night? And Matt said, why not? So we did. We built a dang fort out of couch cushions and pillows and blankets and watched movies in it all Friday night. And for one evening, I forgot about everything that was bothering me. I couldn't stop smiling. Best boyfriend ever? I think so.






polo: Target
sweater: Aeropostale, years ago
jeans: Guess via Macy's
shoes: Buckle

Apparently, this is what my face looks like at the end of the work day, when all the makeup's rubbed off. Note to self: touch up makeup before any other evening photo shoots.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was a bit crazy, I think. Saturday we cleaned all morning, then I hosted a Pampered Chef party with my cousin. (Thanks everyone who came! It was so fun!) And Saturday night, I had my first-ever victory at Trivial Pursuit, haha. Want an instant ego boost to your brain? Win Trivial Pursuit. Sunday night I met my mom halfway between Columbus and my family's town, to get a space heater they weren't using anymore. Because this house is freezing cold, but Matt is mysteriously unaffected. Hello, lower gas bill!

What did you do all weekend?

6 comments:

  1. 1) aww I want to build a fort now :(
    2) cute outfit, love the pop of red
    3) I could never win at Trivial Pursuit. I am the worst for knowing facts. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, I have been wanting to build a fort FOREVER!
    Excellent motivation! Well done you for winning trivial pursuit! I hear ya about the freezing-ness and having an unaffected boyfriend, curses lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty outfit and cute flats!
    Building a fort in your home sounds so fun!

    ♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, good for you! What a great way to just tune things out for a couple of hours.

    Also, I may just be coming to the party late, but wearing a polo shirt under a sweater is genius! I have been wanting to wear collared shirts under my sweaters for forever, it feels like, but all my button-front shirts are too baggy and bunch annoyingly under the tighter sweaters. My polo shirts, on the other hand, are all nicely fitted, so I am going to dig them out of my summer clothes box and try this out posthaste!

    (As a side-note, over the weekend I got a much-needed haircut and went fabric shopping with my friend's mom and a fellow bridesmaid for my co-blogger's upcoming wedding...this will probably be the first and last time I'm ever in a wedding, so it's a weird feeling but I'm trying to enjoy the goofiness of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a blanket fort sounds awesome. Pretty much a fantastic night in. I will propose this to the curly-haired-boy next time we are sitting around watching Downton Abbey all day on Sunday.
    Love your red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's such a cute story--i totally miss making forts! sounds cozy and romantic.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!