Thursday, February 16, 2012

The re-wear police

If there were such a thing as the re-wear police, I'd have been arrested dozens of times. I have a bad habit of finding an outfit I really love and wearing it over...and over...and over...

Of course, I only blog it once, because no one would want to read a style blog that has the same outfits shown again and again. And to be fair, I've gotten a lot better about rewearing outfits. This time last year, I had the same eight or so combinations that I wore to work every. Single. Day. Now, I only repeat outfits when I'm running late, or like this week when I wasn't feeling well. (By the way, feeling much better today. Thanks for the kind words, you guys!)

Anyway. Where was I? Oh yeah, rewearing clothes. I've worn this outfit below at least half a dozen times in the last few weeks. But it's always around different groups of people, so it doesn't really count, right? Right.






jacket/blazer thing: thrifted
shirt: H&M
jeans: Guess via Macy's
shoes: Target
necklaces/earrings: gifts
lipstick: Cover Girl in Rich

At one point, I swapped the leopard flats for heels to go out to the bars in Athens with my sister and some old college friends. Why I chose to do that, I will never know. For those of you unfamiliar with the geography of Ohio University, it is extremely hilly. And the roads? All brick. So yeah, heels were kind of the worst choice, especially for someone like me who only started wearing heels in the last couple of years. And definitely never in Athens, on the brick. Oh, well. I made it through the evening without wiping out, so I call that a success.

This outfit is basically just a compilation of my favorite things, which is probably why I've been wearing it so much. I've been looking for a perfect striped shirt like this one for ages. I bought it with a gift card Matt's sister gave me for Christmas (thanks, Beth!) and I am absolutely in love with it! The jacket thing is another one of my surprising thrift finds. It was more luck than an actual thrifting success story, but who's keeping score? Not me.

And these shoes from Target? Pretty much the best $6 I've ever spent. I seriously wear these puppies four days out of seven. Even in the winter. Because they are just that awesome.

4 comments:

  1. hahah re-wear police! I seriously hope not, I would have racked up more than a few tickets at this point! Loving those leopard flats, I think I have to get me a pair of those...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men re-wear clothes every day and don't think there's anything wrong with that. Women sometimes get defensive about the practice, but why? There's no obligation to be original and different every time you step out of the house. Is there?

    I think fashion should make us happy (liking what we wear) and never make us sad (being unhappy with what we wear).

    Love the flats. We can live in shoes like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the silky looking jacket/blazer. Also wearing heels when you go out... ugh, I always waver back & forth. Because my legs look great, but then also my feet hurt. It's a loose-loose situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have this shirt from H&M, and I love it! I wear it over and over! If it works, it works!
    Ashley
    http://adashofspectacularblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!