Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chop chop!

Since my early years of high school, I've toyed with the idea of getting a pixie cut. For nearly 10 years, I've waffled on the decision. Most of my hesitation hinges on the fact that if I hate it, pixies are notoriously hard to grow out. But lately I've been seeing tons of cute cuts on Pinterest, and I think they might have me convinced. Maybe. And when I doubt, I love to get second (or third, or thirtieth) opinions. So here are my faves. Weigh in and tell me what you think!



Source: flickr.com via Emma on Pinterest



Source: google.com via Emma on Pinterest



Source: google.com via Emma on Pinterest









Of course, I need my stylist to weigh in as well, since he knows my hair and what it is/isn't capable of doing better than even I do. But from an aesthetic point only....what do you think? Could I pull any of these off? And more importantly, should I try, or stick with the medium-length hair?

9 comments:

  1. I think I like the first and fifth the most! I love michelle williams and totally wanted to say that she was may favourite but I feel that her hair cut would take more styling to feel put together. I've had short hair in the past and although long layers like hers can be awesome, they require more work, and when not done right they drive you insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every girl, at least once in her life, needs to cut her hair short. For the experience if not the look. You should definitely try it.

    And, yes, no matter how tragic the cut, your hair will grow back. It's not irreversible.

    If you want to experiment before making a commitment, go to a wig store. They have dozens of short ones that will give you a quick and vivid idea what you'll look like with short hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pixie and I LOVE it. It's made it so easy to get ready in the morning. Mine is mostly like Michelle Williams. I say go for it and if you don't like it, head scarves are in right now and it'll always grow back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go for it! Yes, its a bitch to grow out (I know from experience) but it adds edge and a unique factor since not many ppl have the do'. I totally think it will suite you! Maybe a longer/heavier side bang to keep the feminine flair;) Good luck on the decision.

    xo, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first and fifth too. My husband likes women with short hair and I did cut mine short after we got married. I think it would look better short now, I grew it out to a bob, but it is different. I agree everyone should go short at least once. They say people perceive youas confident!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there is a 'correct pixie cut' for every face-shape. That said, my friend got a seriously tragic one recently and I can't figure out how to nicely tell her I think she should grow it back out a little. Because it looked ADORABLE in a bob.
    I think the first two are my favorite slightly longer choppy layers. But definitely listen to your stylist as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually think a pixie cut would look so good on you. I love the really messy and choppy look like the first picture but I'm sure your hair dresser would know best. I think you should totally go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you'd look totally cute with a pixie cut. Personally, I can't really pull it off, but I think it's way cute on those who can!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!