Friday, May 4, 2012

Fiscal Fridays: Wallet Lockdown

Fiscal Fridays two weeks in a row! You guys, it's like I'm an actual, organized, planning person. But first, a little housekeeping. I finally got around to redesigning my sidebar button to match the overall blog redesign. So if you currently have my button in your blog sidebar, could you please use the code below to update it? The button there is 200 pixels wide. Let me know if you need a different size, and I'll email it to you!





Okay, down to business. Because of the pay schedule at the new job, I'll be going the entire month of May without a paycheck. So I'm officially stepping out of the Financial Diet, and replacing it with a full-out WALLET LOCKDOWN. (For best results, say the previous phrase out loud with the WWE announcer voice.)


5-4_lockdown


Of course, bills must still be paid, and groceries bought. But other than the absolute essentials, I am going to try really, really hard to not buy anything this month. At all. I was off to a good start yesterday when I went to Target and was literally swooning over some shoes. Which I could totally wear like, every day. And they were only $30. And then I made the fatal mistake of trying them on and oh my God they fit like Cinderella's shoes and theywerefreakingperfect. And I put them back on the shelf. And cried a little. On the inside.

But then I thought about June and July, when I'll have a revamped budget to match my new pay rate. And I thought about the fact that for the first time ever (and I do mean EVER), I will have an actual clothes budget. Every month. And I felt a little better.

Plus, I have all these new clothes from Allory and Sydney, so with any luck, I won't feel like I need to go shopping at all this month :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your wallet lockdown! Honestly, I need one too. Last weekend in Montreal I blew wayyyyyy more than I intended and I really need a month (or three) to net my spending budget! Ooops....

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!