Monday, January 27, 2014

Sick again, but hey, here's an outfit!

1-27-14a

1-27-14b

1-27-14c
blouse: secondhand
slacks: thrifted
cardi, flats: Target
necklace: Etsy

Hooray, you might be thinking, she finally put up another outfit post! (Who cares if it's a month old, right?) Or perhaps you're mentally rolling your eyes at the mention of being sick yet again. Well, I agree with you in either case. I know I complain a lot about colds and whatnot around here, but that's only because I have a terrible, crap immune system that doesn't seem to understand what it's supposed to do. Seriously, I've had this cough for like a week and it's showing no sign of letting up.

I had a hugely busy weekend planned for yesterday/Sunday, full of venue tours and DMV visits and dance rehearsals and various other things. The mere thought of it on Friday was exhausting. But fortunately for me/my immune system, literally every task/event I had planned was cancelled due to a sizeable snowstorm. Except our friends' engagement party. Happily, that continued regardless.

So instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I was able to stay home almost all weekend and relax. I got some writing done, I napped, I read, I napped some more, I watched a few movies, I went to bed early every night...it was just what the doctor ordered.

How was your weekend, all? Busy like mine was supposed to be, or relaxing like it actually was?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the chance to relax. We need to give our bodies rest. The best part of your outfit-pix isn't the clothes, it's you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!