Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Why hello there

Glad to see you stuck around! I apologize once more for my absence, but it was certainly needed. I was working on three story assignments for two publications, and the third (which I submitted yesterday) was possibly one of the hardest stories I've ever had to write. Not because it was a particularly difficult subject matter, but because it was one that is very near and dear to my heart and not injecting all sorts of personal bias into the story was nearly impossible. (It was about the Columbus Pride festival and parade, if you're curious. I'll be sure to post a link when it's live in June.)

I also got my motorcycle permit this past weekend, and I am SO FREAKING STOKED to start riding my new (to me) scooter around town! I mentioned it briefly back in January when I bought it, but haven't really talked about it yet because having the thing sit in my garage for the past three months has been literal torture and not talking about it helped me not obsess about it in my head :)

Anywho, I'm very excited to start doing outfit photos again (I skipped a lot lately because time spent picking outfits seemed like a waste compared to all the writing I had to do--I've been wearing a lot of slacks-and-tee-shirts-I-hope-no-one-notices-I'm-underdressed-for-work-type outfits lately. And it's April, so I will have some fun blogiversary content coming up, probably.

In the meantime, here's a quick snap of a new addition to my jewelry collection! The outfit I wore this with is entirely unremarkable, so I didn't shoot it, but I got about half a dozen compliments on the necklace. Which is a lot, compared to the usual 0 sartorial compliments I get on the average day.

Untitled

So shiny!

It's from Nordstrom, but I won it in a giveaway hosted by Bri of Work Clothes, I Suppose. If you like my blog, you'll probably like hers, so check it out! Lots of lovely work outfits and some wedding planning stuff thrown in sometimes.

Now, off to edit the one or two outfit posts left in my queue and start brainstorming new ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the motorcycle permit! You'll love being on two wheels. It's an adventure. Like going on vacation every time you ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited!!! A few maintenance things are keeping me off-road for another day, but I'm hoping to hop on tomorrow or Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!