Monday, June 15, 2015

My life right now, as told by reaction GIFs

So once upon a time, it was June 1st and I got an email asking if I'd like to do a freelance assignment. I'm currently obsessed with upgrading my camera body, so of course I said yes. She told me it was due June 19 and I was like, cool, I have like a month and a half, I'm good to go.



Then I looked at the calendar and realized that June 1st meant it was actually really June, not mid-May as my post-honeymoon brain kept insisting, and I actually only had about three weeks to do interviews for and write a 1,600-word story--my biggest assignment in months.





And then, in a haze of my-brain-is-so-fried-I-apparently-can't-use-it-at-all-ness, I decided to take off for my birthday (it's this Wednesday) and do a little climbing day-trip with Matt and our friend Nick. Because I'm totally a responsible adult who is capable of understanding that June 17 is just two days before June 19.



In the meantime, I've gotten my wedding photos back, plus about 600 unedited images that have been just begging me to forgo responsibilities and edit/post them. I spent 90 percent of my weekend alternately transcribing interviews and editing photos, because I have the attention span of a goldfish and can't really do a task for more than a few hours at a time. So now it's Monday, I have one interview left to conduct and a total of three interviews left to transcribe, and I'll be in a car (and eventually a tent) Tuesday evening, climbing all day Wednesday, then back in a car Wednesday evening.



In all seriousness, I think I've got a handle on this. I'm getting those transcripts done tonight, even if it means I *gasp* don't get to catch up on Game of Thrones. Then I can make all my notes in the car Tuesday night, and maybe even throw together some wedding photo layouts to post here next week. I prefer to do my writing all in one sitting, so Thursday night is well accounted for. Bam! I got this



This month's lesson? Know what date it is before you say yes to things and maybe count your days before just assuming that three weeks = six weeks. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!