Thursday, July 30, 2015

Budgeting Bloggers: July

It's that time again! This month, I tried to buy clothes to fulfill specific gaps in my closet; namely, wedding- and bridal-shower-appropriate dresses. It was another all-Target month (color me surprised), and I did things a little differently. Instead of going to the store, trying everything on and buying a few pieces, I ordered several dresses, tried them on at home, and returned what wasn't working. Ultimately, that left me with two dresses and the cutest pair of moto boots, as my old pair (seen here) finally kicked the proverbial bucket.

7-30-15


1. Melonie T fitted dress. This photo doesn't do the dress justice; it's sophisticated and, despite the pattern-mixing, not overwhelming. Perfect for weddings (I have four coming up this fall) and for more formal bridal showers. | $49.99 {exact}

2. Mossimo shirt dress. This baby will be perfect for showers, work and a more casual wedding. All four of the weddings I'm attending this fall will be Catholic ceremonies, but I'll probably wear this to more than one shower. (I actually already wore it to Ellen's the other weekend.) | $20.99 {exact}

3. Z London Combat/Moto boots. Oh man, these boots. I can't even. They didn't have my size, so I wound up ordering a half-size smaller, but fortunately they're still wearable. I love the lace detail (again, color me surprised) and the fold-down detail is pretty cool, too. I feel like I could stomp the earth in these shoes! | $31.99 {exact}

Total this month: $105.33. Bam! How did you do on your July clothes budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!