Thursday, April 28, 2011

Crises

I am not a good person in a crisis. I am not calm. I am not rational. I am a crying, panicking mess. And I can't help it. Today, one of the outlets in our bedroom started sparking. As in, I turned on the light and watched sparks start lighting up the plastic cover. And. I. Freaked.

Of course, I did the smart stuff: turned off the power to the room, call Matt and let him know there's a situation. Even after I turned everything off, the outlet was sparking, so I switched off the fuses for the whole apartment and called emergency maintenance. I was pretty upset at this point, worrying that my whole apartment would burn down (we don't have a fire extinguisher), but it actually worked out all right. Maintenance came and fixed it in a few minutes.

But what does this have to do with my outfit post today (which is actually from two weeks ago)? Oh, friend.


I had a mini eye emergency. Hence the glasses.


Yeah, I have terrible vision. Usually I wear contacts, but on this particular morning, I got makeup on my contact. To rinse it, I grabbed what I thought was saline solution. It wasn't. It was Clear Care, a peroxide-based cleaner. Peroxide in your eye does not feel good.

Blazer & Shirt: New York & Company
Tank: Old Navy
Jeans: Guess via Macy's
Shoes: thrifted

So I did what I do best: panicked. I'll spare you the details, but know that I ran around my house crying. I also called my mom and Poison Control, in that order.

Yeah, I'm not good in a crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!