Saturday, May 21, 2011

Phew!

Ah, what a day I had yesterday. Woke up really early so I could get to Filene's Basement's Running of the Brides event in time to interview a few people in line before the doors opened. I spent two hours talking to brides, watching them dive into piles of 30 or 40 gorgeous gowns and generally act hilarious. Then I spent about 5 hours working on a multimedia project, using the photos, video and audio I got at the event. It's still not done, but I'm pretty excited that I'm teaching myself how to edit videos together.

In between learning and doing the multimedia project, I had to bust my butt to get the magazine edited and ready to ship to the printer by 5:30 pm. After that, I was pretty much exhausted, but I managed to get my act together enough so Matt and I could meet a few friends at the bar for a bit. It was a long, long day.

And today? Volunteering with Canine Collective, getting my brows waxed (they're out of control) and working on my freelance stuff for several hours. I always put it off until the last second and then freak out because I have to cram 3 or 4 extra hours of work into each day, on top of my full-time job and blogging. I guess you can take the girl out of college, but you can't take the college out of the girl.

But, our coffee table finally came in the mail! There was a little shipping mix-up, but it doesn't matter because it's here :) So glad, too, because our old one was on its last leg (har har). This one is much sturdier, and it has a shelf and a drawer (that's disguised as two drawers) for extra utility.


(the front)


(back view)

Now I just have to repaint our TV stand to match, get a nicer ottoman (the one in the picture is just a giant plastic storage tote with some pillows and blankets thrown on top), paint, get a nicer end table to match...ugh. A redecorator's work is never done, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!