Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Happy June everyone! I like June because it's the start of summer aaaaand it's my birth month :) Just two weeks from Friday!

I'd like to take a moment to announce a little change in direction for this blog. Originally I had intended to make this blog a mashup of everything...a little style, a little food, a little home décor, etc. But I've come to realize something. I try to dress well every day (excluding, perhaps, some weekends). But I don't necessarily cook every day, nor do I do something for my home. Sometimes I'm just too lazy to cook; last week I didn't make a damn thing. I lived off Kraft mac & cheese and leftovers. And we don't really have the money to be redecorating a lot, plus we're thinking of moving from an apartment to a house (!!!) so that's a bit pointless for the moment.

So. Announcing the re-branding of Verbal Mélange as primarily a style blog! I'll probably keep the name for simplicity, and from time to time I'll probably post a few non-style things. But for the most part, it's style :) Re-organize your RSS feed accordingly, haha.

And now for today's photos! Last week I asked you all about a certain pair of green shoes...




Dress: H&M
Shoes: Walmart last year
Bracelet: actually a very old necklace from Claire's
Necklace: don't remember

...and you convinced me not to recolor them! I'm still struggling with how to style them, mostly in terms of what kind of top to wear if I pair them with jeans. But I'll figure it out! You all have inspired me to push my boundaries a bit :)

Only two photos today. Mostly because this is a long post, but also because not many other turned out. I hate having to take indoor shots...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!