Wednesday, August 3, 2011

BDIB: Arm Party

I just love this phrase. Arm party. I think it's hysterical. What I find even more amusing, however, is that this trend is something I used to do back in high school. I even used the DIY friendship bracelet idea to create my arm party, which is what a lot of people are doing now, too. I was going to whip up a few friendship bracelets and wrap some old bangles with string for today's Bloggers Do It Better challenge, but I didn't have the time to run to the store to get embroidery thread, let alone actually make a few of those bad boys. I guess, for now, they'll remain a nostalgic memory for me.






tunic: Artifacts Gallery in Athens, Ohio
tank: Walmart
shorts: New York & Company
shoes: Payless
bracelets: don't remember where I got ANY of them, haha

The only think I don't really like about the arm party? My arm is constantly jingling at my desk as I type at work all day. Boo.

Well, Matt and I board our train to New York City tonight! We're leaving Kitty (who still doesn't have an official name) with a few friends, and our neighbor is keeping an eye on the apartment (so don't try breaking in, creepy people who might read this, haha). I have a few awesome guest posts lined up between now and Monday, so make sure you stop by to check those out!

Also, I dyed my hair last night. I was well overdue for a touchup! But I still have about a week's worth of outfits from pre-hairdye, so expect a few changes in apparent hair color over the next few days ;)

Until next week...stay well, readers!

9 comments:

  1. Really love your look!! This challenge has been a lot of fun :)

    robyn of boluxe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I participated in the BDIB challenge too! I came across your link and I'm loving your arm party! Fun casual every day arm party!

    jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i knew how to make friendship bracelets, i would have a ton on. and you're right about the noise bracelets make...i am constantly taking mine off so i don't annoy coworkers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blergh, the jangle on the desk is the reason I hardly ever wear bracelets.
    Have fun in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bracelets would drive me nuts - I like my non-dangly watch and that's it.

    A very cute look you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have an amazing time in NY!! :) please check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! i am also hosting an awesome giveaway, a special edition giclee print by the ever inspiring Lark Calderon Gomez! check it out!xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfit and you look pretty :) Love your lots of bracelets..!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Backyard arm party!

    Invite alert! How about joining me for the Fall Fashionista Giveaway event (Oct. 14-19)? It's ALL Fashion and ONLY Fashion. I have 70+ bloggers on board already and we have a huge Triberr group! WIll you join me?

    http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/07/announcing-2011-fall-fashionista-giveaway-event-signup-today/

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!