Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bloggers Do It Better: Animal Print

This one is debatable...the fact that I "do it better," that is. This outfit seems pretty plain Jane to me. Which, I suppose, is an accomplishment; how many other people can make animal print boring? Probably not many. A dubious distinction.




shirt: Forever 21
cami and shoes: Target
slacks: New York & Company
necklace: gift from Matt


The truth is, this was my fourth backup. I'm a bit of a procrastinator, you see. (Understatement of the year.) My first choice was this leopard print shoe from Target. I've been wanting leopard flats for AGES, but I hate buying shoes online (my right foot is slightly larger than my left, so I fluctuate from a 9 to 9.5 to 10, depending on which foot is more comfortable) and these shoes are online only, so no dice. Sad, though...they're kind of perfect.

Source: target.com via Emma on Pinterest



Then I wanted to get a leopard tunic from F21 after Sydney told me they had some great choices. But it's sold out, so I can't even show you a photo because F21 is lame like that.

So on to the third choice...this really cute zebra-ish top. I kind of love it. But alas, it is another of the "we have it online but not in the actual store sucks to be you" category.



Oh, well. I will probably end up getting all three of these eventually...they're affordable, and I like them enough to pay full price, and I doubt thrift stores are carrying much (stylish) animal print these days anyway.

And on the up side? Spazzy loves this shirt. She has her face buried in my stomach as I type. Call it animal attraction? (Har har)

Bloggers Do It Better


9 comments:

  1. You don't make it look boring! The pink gives it some dimensions and the print is really nice. And it's a bonus if your cat will cuddle you because it's that comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to participate in BDIB so bad but I have NO animal prints! Like you, I've been shopping for cheetah flats but to no avail...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh! Thanks so much for the shout out!! Love it! I like your outfit, its bold without being overwhelming, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. See I always avoid animal prints because they seem to 'CRAZY', even though I'm not exactly 'safe' when it comes to color... patterns always frighten me. This looks cute though! It's not to 'loud'.
    Also I will let you know next time I visit my sister. You can show me where the best thrift stores are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!! Cute shoes.
    Visit me!!
    Love from Oregon USA,
    Danielle
    xoxoxoxo
    animalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha.. you are so cute..! No you dont make it boring at all! I am kinda bored of seeing leopard print skirts, shoes and bags.. But this is totally different! I like that its slightly sheer and you can see the pink cami underneath.. actually you can wear a whole lot of different colors under this and am sure every look will be different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have loved all of these animal print posts that I have been seeing. I am such a fan of an animal print ... Rawrrrrr. I could wear it every day of my life.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those leopard print flats really are cute. Hopefully you'll find a great pair when you least expect it!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pop of pink underneath your shirt! Also love that last F21 dress... too pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!