Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall in

Okay, okay, I suppose I'll admit it. Fall is here in full force. I mean, after all, it is October. It's colder out, the evenings are definitely shorter. And, for some reason, central Ohio has decided that fall means rain, and lots of it. We've had rain or dreary overcast clouds five or six days out of seven these past few weeks, and it's really getting me down.

The day I took these photos was nice, however, so there's a good thing. The number of stockpiled outfits I have is down to two, unfortunately. Like I said...dreary weather makes me not want to get dressed well, or take photos when I do dress well. All I want to do is laze around in my PJs and cuddle with my cat. And my boyfriend. (But mostly the cat, haha.) Blah.






blazer, khakis, shoes: Target
shirt: thrifted
necklace: Figleaf

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, however, which is nice because Matt and I had a little date night. He won discount tickets to see Shadowbox Live perform. For you non-Columbusites, Shadowbox Live is a sketch comedy troupe paired with a sweet rock band. They do original skits and have recently expanded their lineup to include broadway shows, original full-length productions, and such classics as The Rocky Horror Show, which is what we saw last night.

It was phenomenal. I'm a huge fan of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, so it was really cool to see the original stage version. Matt had never seen any version of the show, and he really enjoyed it too. The cast has excellent comedic timing, and all the guys looked really comfortable in the six-inch heels, fishnets and corsets. That's how you know they're good actors. The guy playing Frank N. Furter channeled Tim Curry really well. Overall, an excellent production.

If you're ever in Columbus, I highly recommend seeing a Shadowbox Live show. Hit me up, because I love to go any chance I get :)

2 comments:

  1. I've seen Rocky Horror live before and we loved it. Sounds like a great date night.
    It's always hard to feel cute when all you feel like doing is having a cuddle with the kitty. This red shirt is a good color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun night! And fall has hit us too, unfortunately. The last 4 days have been dreary and COLD. I feel saddened by it too :( I love the blazer :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!