Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend recap

Do you ever come away from the weekend feeling like it was longer than just two days, because you simply did so much in that short time span? That's how my weekend was. Hard to believe it's Monday!

This is the last of those yuck-o indoor shots from when it was constantly raining a week and a half ago. And though it's supposed to rain the latter half of this week as well, I've definitely got a couple nice outdoor shots from this past week and weekend, when it was in the upper 70s/lower 80s. Loving this Indian summer!




top and slacks: thrifted
shoes: Target
necklace: H&M?
bracelet: Forever 21

The shots from this outfit didn't turn out so well, to be honest, and I only found one that I really liked. Had to cut my face out of the other one because it was just plain weird and I didn't want to scare you all off. The cat probably did something goofy right as the photo was snapping. I make weird faces at her a lot.

So anyway, this weekend. I wound up getting cut from work on Friday before I could even take a table, because we were so slow. It was kind of a bummer that I didn't make any money at all, but I got to go home early and hang out with Matt, who had been gone since Tuesday on business. So it was definitely worth it!

Saturday I cleaned the whole house (!), did some work for my freelance job, then went over to have dinner with Matt's family. Four of the grandkids on his dad's side have October birthdays, including Matt's sister, so we did a kind of quadruple birthday celebrating. I love his family :)

Then we went to a friend's house for a football party (Go Bucks!). I had to leave to pick up two of my siblings from a band competition in Westerville, but I took them back to the party in time to watch our team lose miserably. It's been a rough season for us, unfortunately.

Sunday morning, at the crack of dawn, my siblings and Matt and I all headed up to my parents' house for their 25th wedding anniversary celebration and vow renewals. It was a really sweet renewal ceremony; all my siblings and I stood up at the altar with my parents. My dad got all choked up during his portion of the vows, and most of us kids were in tears. Even the 8-year-old. It was so precious. All I could think was how lucky my parents are, to have found their soulmates and spent 25 years together in a truly happy marriage, and how I could only hope to be that lucky someday too.

Then my extended family all met up for the reception. It was really great to see my cousins and grandmas too. Like Thanksgiving, only without the turkey :)

Then back to Columbus for Matt and I. We both had to do more work Sunday night, sadly. But it was such a productive and eventful weekend, I was just glad that I could fall into bed at an insanely early hour, haha!

What did you do this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. You saw my weekend post, and reading this was a breath of fresh air! I love love. Haha especially wedding vow renewals. I can't help but feel so proud of couples who are still so in love after all those years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great :) nice that you had such a good weekend

    sammie
    from
    fashionbarbecue.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! The vow renewals sound so cute :) That's wonderful that they're still so happy with each other after 25 years. :)

    And I hate when photoshoots don't turn out as planned! But you still look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like having such busy weekends... If i've had a really hard week I prefer to laze around at home but otherwise its nice to have a lot of fun things lined up. Makes you feel like you'e accomplished a lot in just two days!

    The vow renewal sounds so nice! Hope your parents stay happy for a very long time... and I hope you do too! :)

    I love how you wore pearls with such a casual outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!