Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Live and learn

Today, I learned a major lesson about painting a wall. Always, always, ALWAYS paint a test patch first and let it dry. Completely. Because if you don't, you will spend an hour meticulously prepping, taping and painting a section of wall. And then you could hate it. Which is pretty much what happened to me today.

4-18_floralskirt3

4-18_floralskirt1

4-18_floralskirt2
shirt: Old Navy
polo: Target
skirt: thrifted
flats: Payless
necklace: Forever 21

So now, I have a neon yellow built-in shelving unit in my bedroom. The paint chip looked softer. The paint in the can looked softer. The paint on the wall? Not so much. Thankfully, it's a small(ish) unit, so a quart of paint will more than cover it. But still. How annoying, right?

Ah, well. At least now I know. Plus, I have two more days this week, plus the weekend, to fix it ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I love bright colors but I kind of hate painting. Hope you can cover it up fairly easily. I learned to trust my gut about paint colors even when people tell me it will be 'to dark' I am usually right & end up loving it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!