Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing



shirt, cropped pants: The Limited
coverup: Marshall's
shoes: Target
hair flower: H&M
necklace: gifted

First off, a major thank you is in order. To those of you who emailed/commented/Tweeted with kind thoughts and words regarding yesterday's post. You guys are the reason I keep blogging. And a thanks to those who read but didn't laugh at my overdramatic-ness. I know you're out there.

I'm happy (thrilled, delighted) to say that as of this evening, Matt and his friend are still fine. They checked in with the GPS thing last night, after my post, and again this evening. And this afternoon, they climbed to the highest point in Utah (King's Peak) and were able to catch enough of a cell phone signal to send a few texts. Matt and I were able to do the whole "I love you/I miss you exchange," and I was able to scold him for not checking in more regularly, haha. (I didn't really scold him. It was more of a "It sucks when I don't hear from you guys every day.") He said they're kicking some major ass on this trip so far, and everything's been going well. It was one of the best texts I've ever gotten.

So today's post title isn't just the name of a great Jack Johnson song. It's what I'm doing the rest of the week: sitting here, waiting for Matt to come home, wishing it were Saturday. But in the meantime, I'm trying to jump back on my "projects" list to keep myself busy and distracted and not worried :)


  1. Hang in there, buddy. Worrying can be terribly hard, so do your best to keep anxiety in check. Trust Matt and his skill.

  2. I am so glad you were able to hear from them!!! whew! and btw very cute outfit!!

    JeNeal @ piecesofluv.com

  3. Awesome outfit! I love the pants!


  4. I'm so happy to hear that everything is okay. The not knowing is the worst. One time my boyfriend was supposed to come home from work at 4 PM, and when I still hadn't heard anything from him by 10 PM, I completely freaked out. Called the police, cried to them, started calling hospitals....I was a wreck. Turns out he was stuck in the lab until 10:30 and couldn't get away to call me. I thought he was dead in a ditch somewhere! Those boys, always making us worry.

  5. Oh good, I'm so glad to hear that he's checked in and they're fine. That can be so stressful but I'm sure diving into your own projects will help keep you from worrying as much :)


Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!