Monday, September 24, 2012

Pin-spiration Monday: A cop-out

Ok, I'll be the first to admit that this week's Pin-spiration is a bit of a complete cop-out. But with good reason! I have a few bigger projects in mind, and it's taking longer than I thought it would to gather supplies and, you know, find time to actually complete the thing. And this weekend is another wedding (the last of the year, thank goodness), so I probably won't have much time to work on projects then, either. So we'll see what happens ;)

So anyway, I did attempt a recipe Pin for this week. And it was an epic, unforgivable, inedible fail. Here's the inspiration:


Looks delicious, doesn't it? Creamy and cheesy and, according the original source, an easy microwaveable cup of yum. Here's how mine turned out:

9-24-12

What unholy terror has my microwave produced?! It's chunky, not creamy, and the cheese looks like little curds of gross. Not to mention, the cup boiled over multiple times, turning my microwave into a gloopy, slimy mess. I'm not quite sure what went wrong here, as I followed the source's directions to a T. Ick. I guess there's always next week?

In other, non-disgusting news, you still have one day left to enter my giveaway for some free jewelry? Helloooo, what are you waiting for?!

3 comments:

  1. My first, and so far, only, attempt at a Pinterest recipe was also a failure. It wasn't inedible, but darn near.

    I love that you posted this even though it was a bit less than successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, every time I see that pin I wonder how it can look that amazing. Thanks for trying it so I dont have to... :P

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!