Monday, October 15, 2012

Returns and shoutouts

10-15-12a

10-15-12b

10-15-12c

10-15-12d
sweater: JCPenney, maybe? Not sure, it's old!
undershirt, boots: Target
pink skinnies: thrifted
earrings: The Limited
necklace: gifted from my grandma

Told you I'd be back :)

Yes, after a much-needed break, I've returned to the Internets. Sometimes, it's just nice to take a week off when I'm feeling overwhelmed, which happend every once in a while. Now, I feel refreshed and ready to keep right on bloggin'!

One of the biggest things I do to get out of my periodic funks is hit the gym. A good half-hour of cardio and another half-hour of weights is pretty much best thing in the world for me at times like that. I'm also back on what I call my "winter regime" to cope with my depression, which consists of working out three to four times a week, seven or eight minutes in a tanning bed twice a week (with actual sunscreen on, of course) and a multivitamin with tons of B and D vitamins.

And I got a ton of natural sunlight and exercise this weekend at Ohio University's Homecoming weekend. It was a gorgeous, sunny 70 degrees out and oh my gosh, a little dose of Athens was exactly what the doctor ordered. It was busy, and crazy, and I did more walking than you'd believe. But I got to see some good friends and my sister, a fellow alumna, who's having a birthday today (happy bday, seester!). Didn't get to see my brother-in-law, which was kind of a bummer, but he was off at the football game while my sis and Matt and I were at the bars. We also helped our friend propose to her girlfriend while at OU. They are just about the cutest damn couple I've ever seen, and they happen to be two of my best friends. I'm not gonna lie, I teared up a little during the big moment :P Congrats, you two!

Also, I just wanna take a sec to thank those of you who commented on my last post. I don't get super personal like this very often, so it made me smile to read that there were people out there who weren't freaked out by my honesty and who reached out with kind words. You guys rule.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, you look so cute! The pink skinnies are adorbs.

    Exercise and sun are good medicine for health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see your face back on the internets. I'm glad you are doing what you need to be in a better place :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!