But Emma, I hear you say, this is the FIRST Friday of February! Stop confusing us! I hear ya. I would've posted this last Friday, but I didn't decide to start linking up to this shebang until two days ago. And I figure, February 1st is really just kind of the same as January 32nd. And that's why I'm reliant on my phone's calendar.
Anyway. Here's the breakdown. I give myself $50 from each paycheck to spend on clothes. So most months, I get $100. (Except some months I get $150. WOOHOO!) January was a unique beast for another reason, however. I got a freelance paycheck. And since I don't factor those into my monthly budget, they're free money to do with as I see fit. Sometimes I save them, sometimes I put them toward debt payments. This one I spent on fun times with Emily and Stephanie, and some much-needed retail therapy. So technically, I'm over my $100 budget, but not really, because I had extra money to play with :)
I provided links where I could, but a lot of this stuff was clearance/not available online. As for the whole blogger movement of providing links to similar items...uhh, sorry. To quote Sweet Brown, ain't nobody got time for that.
2. Black flats - $25, Target - To replace my old black flats, which died :( ||exact||
3. Black skinnies - $28, Target - Again, replacements. My other skinnies mysteriously shrunk (along with half of my other pants, of course). ||exact||
4. Black knit hat - $5?, Target - Clearance item!
5. Gray textured skirt -$12, Target - More clearance! I tried to show a close-up detail of the pattern on it, but in the collage it just looks kind of weird.
6. Berry cardi - $15, Target - I'm not sure what color to call this. Tag said "berry," but it's kind of like a magenta or fuchsia, maybe?
7. Moto jacket - $25, thrifted - That's right! This find made my day. Ask Kellyn, she saw all the giddy.
8. Polka dot blouse - $4, thrifted - Polka dots might be my new addiction (see also: stripes)
9. Leopard print belt - $6, H&M - To match my shoes! ||exact||
10. Pearl and chain necklace - $11, VeryJane - Very cool site. It does daily/weekly deals like a Groupon or LivingSocial, but for jewelry, accessories, décor items, etc.
11. Knit tights - $17, H&M - I miss wearing skirts. These might be thick enough to keep me warm!
12. Striped shirt - $8, H&M - Yet another replacement. I stained the last one during a very enthusiastic game of Pictionary with dry erase markers.
13. Flower earrings - $7, H&M - I have been looking for these ever since I saw them on my sister at Christmas.
Total: $180. So really, not all that much overbudget, even. A good month, really...I managed to score a loooooong-term "shopping list" item and plug a few other holes, too. Woop woop!