Thursday, April 25, 2013

Recap: Aveda's Earth Jam fashion show and benefit

Ok y'all. So I went to the Aveda Earth Jam fashion show and fundraiser/benefit on Tuesday, and much like last year, it was pretty freakin' rad. There was a photo booth, free sushi (WOOHOO), raffle baskets, silent auctions, a live auction (with a hilarious auctioneer) and product sales. (Proceeds benefitted Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Central Ohio's Camp Oty'Okwa and the Sierra Club of Central Ohio's Clean Water Campaign.) And then the fashion show started. Whaaat?

The theme for the show was "Art of Beauty," so eight of the segments were inspired by a famous artist. The ninth (or really, the first of the night, but the final one I'm mentioning) was called "The Artist's Muse." Advance apologies for the less-than-ideal photo quality...I'm still working with my old point-and-shoot (but the savings fund for a DSLR has been started!) and I was sitting a bit out to the side of the stage, farther away from the action. But a few people in my row left halfway through the show, so I was able to scoot in closer to the runway and get slightly better shots.

Also, these are just a few of the shots I took. You can see more in this album on my Facebook page! (And there are some good ones, I promise.)

The Muses:
muses

Henri deToulouse-Lautrec
dt1

dt3

Georges Seurat
s2

s5

Pablo Picasso
pi1

pi2

Claude Monet
m2

m3

Vincent Van Gogh
vg3

vg6

Jackson Pollock
po1

po5

Georgia O'Keeffe
ok3

dress!!!

Andy Warhol
w6

w2

So the Pollock, Van Gogh and Warhol segments were definitely my favorites. But if you couldn't tell, I am totes in love with that dress in the Georgia O'Keeffe segment, too. Which ones (from here or Facebook?) did you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!