Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Color Run 2013

You guys. YOU GUYS.

I am a super-dunce. Or just not much of a morning person. You decide. (I'm going with dunce.)

I completely forgot yesterday to blog about what might be one of the coolest things I've done in quite a long time.

On Saturday, I did the Color Run with my friends Emily and Stephanie and Steph's husband and mom. I say "did" and not "ran" because it was pretty much impossible to run, given the enormous crowd—more than 10,000 people showed up. It. was. insane. And even though we got drenched in what I suspect was a full-on monsoon, it was a LOT of fun! Words really don't do it justice, so here are some pics that Emily and I took. (Emily's photos are tagged with a little asterisk beside them. Credit where credit is due, y'all.)

DSC_0028

DSC_0033

DSC_0037

DSC_0048

IMG_0002_2

IMG_0018_2

emspics03*

emspics04*

emspics05*
(Making "snow angels" in the color dust was kind of a thing. What's up double chin.)

emspics06*

emspics07*

emspics08*

Aaaaaaand then the monsoon happened.

emspics09*

emspics10*

emspics11*

emspics12*

So we went for a swim.

emspics13*

After the race, there was a DJ-dance-color party.

IMG_0034_2_2

IMG_0035_2_2

emspics14*
(Isn't Emily just adorable?)

IMG_0029_2

emspics01*

DSC_0052

All in all, it was an incredible fun run/walk and we all had a blast, despite the rain. I'm already excited for next year! And for those who are wondering...the shots in my backyard were taken with my DSLR. The on-location photos were taken with our iPhones, which were kept safe in plastic ziploc bags. We had heard that the color (which is basically food-grade dyed cornstarch) has a tendency to ruin DSLR lenses and phones alike, so we took precautions. I did a couple neat editing tricks to kind of tone down the foggy, desaturated effect; I'll do a tutorial on that soon. Also keep your eyes peeled for a tutorial on how we made our tutus!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Tutus are my favorite thing in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun!! We definitely need one of these over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! Looks like you guys had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!