Friday, July 25, 2014

Can I get a TGIF?

7-25-14a

7-25-14b

7-25-14c
dress: The Limited via Discount Fashion Warehouse
cardigan: Express via DFWh
shoes: secondhand (Nine West, maybe?)
necklace: Express
bracelet: Etsy

For real though, this week has been one headache after another. Sometimes figurative, sometimes (like this morning) literal--though that's my own fault. I practically collapsed onto the couch when I got home last night and dove face-first into my drink of choice lately: The Kentucky Mule. Good bourbon + ginger beer + a splash of lime = pure amazingness in a glass. The perfect thing to take the edge off a day in which you lose five hours of work for no explainable reason. Computers are dumb.

Anyway, I'm super excited for this weekend. My cousin is getting married, and that side of the family always throws wild shindigs, so it should be quite a let-loose-and-forget-about-how-annoying-work-can-be kind of evening. True story: When my aunt (same side of the fam) got married several years ago, one of the groomsmen tore his shoe in half. Yeah, it's that kind of party. We're an entertaining crowd :)

What about you guys? Any entertaining plans for the weekend? Or will you be catching up on your R&R (and maybe some Netflix) at home?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah... that's the ticket. Great outfit -- tres chic. It works perfectly.
    And I love the idea of this drink! I'm a big fan of all the ingredients but never combined them. Thanks for leading me to ruin.
    Tomorrow I'm going into NYC to meet a blogger (Michi) for the first time. She's shy, like a little deer, so I need to be careful not to spook her. We're going for afternoon tea at a quiet place. Don't make any noise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a party! Sounds like a ton of fun. Congrats to your cousin!


    I love that dress on you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It was a blast. My grandma tore up the dance floor, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The drink is also great with rum instead of bourbon, but then it's called a Dark and Stormy :)

    Hope to see a recap of your meetup with Michi on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!