Monday, September 29, 2014

Budgeting Bloggers: September

So as I've said before, my spending has been a wee bit...shall we say, extravagant, these last few months. I blame wedding planning; after you start shelling out hundreds or a thousand dollars at a time for things like deposits and wedding dresses, a few $30 clothing or makeup purchases seem like nothing at all. But they add up, and when they're added to all those wedding purchases, well...it's bad. So this month, I tried really hard to not buy any clothes. I *almost* made it.

9-29-14

Merona maxi skirt via Target. I love my gray one SO MUCH that I had a complete moment of weakness while picking up a friend's bridal shower gift one weekend. I may have accidentally purchased the juniors version, but it fits so okay then? | $17.99 {exact?}

But that's it! One item! I'm debating whether to continue my shopping ban into October, but truth be told, I could really use some new boots. A pair of winter boots — something waterproof and lined for those wet, cold waits at the bus stop when it gets too cold to scooter to work — and a pair of stylish cognac boots to replace the pair I wore through last winter. The latter could probably wait until November; I have a pair of crappy galoshes and thick socks to tide me until the real snow comes. But if I find a pair of great cognac boots on sale in October, well, I'm not making any promises!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on just purchasing one item! I'd say that's a successful month! It does skew your vision when you're spending a ton of money on other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy the boots. Life is short and Winter's coming. The skirt is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's not the best justification for boots, I don't know what is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Have to try to remember to look at the positive side of it (only one item!), not the negative (ugh I bought something) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!