Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Four Thanksgivings

Remember how I said that trying to return to blogging the week of Thanksgiving was a terrible idea? Well, that's because I went to a grand total of four Thanksgiving celebrations this year: two on the Sunday before Turkey Day, and two on T-day itself. This year, I decided to post some highlights! I'm kicking myself for not grabbing my DSLR on Sunday, but I had it Thursday and got some really nice shots.

Thanksgiving 1: My mom's side of the family

IMG_6883
My brothers. This was pre-food, mind you. What goofballs.

IMG_6884
My cousin's husband. "Did you take half a pie?" "No." *pushes pieces together* "Yes."

IMG_6887
Post-meal couch time.

IMG_6889
My sister, aunts and I all thought it'd be hilarious to put all our engagement/wedding rings on my little cousin's fingers. Actually, I still find it pretty funny.

Thanksgiving 2: Friendsgiving

IMG_6894
Obligatory creepy Pilgrim table décor.

IMG_6896
Dat vest doe.

IMG_6902

IMG_6908
Friendsgiving = squeezing 30-some people into one house for one fantastic meal.

IMG_6921
And then shit got weird.

Thanksgiving 3: My dad's side of the family

DSC_0057
My sisters and brother-in-law. We laugh a lot.

DSC_0058
You know what's not easy? Trying to take a selfie with a DSLR and a 35mm lens.

DSC_0071
I made dis: Crostini with brie, apple, pecans and honey. *drool*

DSC_0086
Fact: It's not Thanksgiving without a nice lil bar. Matt and I shared our newfound love for Manhattans with my family.

DSC_0096
"What do you mean, dogs can't have booze??"

DSC_0112
So I didn't notice Matt's awesome pose until I edited these pics. I busted out laughing at work, on my lunch break.

DSC_0121
My sister and parents.

DSC_0123
My dad and sister, aka the sweetest photo ever.

DSC_0130-0133
We also did a family photo, with my parents, all seven of my siblings, my brother-in-law and Matt. (My other sister's fiancé spent T-giving in the Bahamas. Can you say jealous?) Anyway, I shot these to test lighting composition and apparently forgetting to use the two-second delay on my camera's remote. For some reason, I love these shots just as much or more than the "real" shot:

DSC_0137

Thanksgiving 4: Matt's dad's side of the family

DSC_0155
By the time we got to this shindig, it was dark out. I didn't want to be a total nerd and bust out my flash, so these photos aren't quite as good as some of the others. This is the kids' table, if by "kid" you mean "individual under the age of 30 but over 21."

DSC_0160
Matt, telling his dad (right) and uncle (left) a story.

DSC_0163-4
Matt's grandparents. I love them like they were my own.

DSC_0170
Hysterical, raucous laughter from the kids' table.

Phew! It was insane and hectic and a little stressful, but in all I was (and am) so thankful to have so many amazing people in my life.

How did you celebrate Thanksgiving last week (or, if you're among my friends way up north, last month)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!