Friday, July 26, 2013

Fiscal Fridays: July clothes budget

Woah, woah, woah. It's the last Friday in July already? What the what? (Insert other weird expression of disbelief here.)

Well apparently it is; as they say, time and tide wait for no man. This month was hella expensive for me, between trips and replacing my lost stuff (and possibly upgrading to the nicer Macbook because I deserve it, damnit even though it costed me way more out-of-pocket) and having to replace the brake pads and rotors on all four wheels of my car and a host of other things I couldn't begin to name right now. Fortunately, I was at least able to stick pretty close to my $50 clothes budget for this month. (My budget usually is $100 but I cut it back a bit given everything else that's happening.) Each of these items were inspired by someone or something else, which is pretty interesting I think. I topped out at $54.06, so I call that a success :) Here's what I got:

7-26-13

1-3. Bracelets from Sage K and Co. on Etsy. A friend of mine posted these on Instagram and I fell in love...she was kind enough to share the link with me, and I bought them immediately. I got one in each color using a combo deal that's no longer available. You can still buy them individually for $10.99 a pop, though. $27.43 total |exact|
4. H&M hat. I saw Whitney wear a hat like this in a recent post and she made it look so cute, I just had to give the look a shot. I wore it out last weekend...post to come ;) $9.95 |exact|
5-6. I needed a plain white t-shirt for the Color Run, so I picked this up at Old Navy. There was a buy-two-get-a-lower-price deal, so I got another one in the pattern layered underneath. The tiny confetti spots of color were a bit Color Run-esque, I thought, only more toned down. $15 for both |exact (white and other colors but not confetti)|


So yeah, a nice little haul I think. I'm never sure how to wrap these posts up, so...potato? Have a great weekend, y'all.

3 comments:

  1. lol potato! I had a hat like that and then it blew away. I was at a cottage, went out on the boat, came back and it was gone. :( So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those bracelets! You will get so much wear out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing the color fun?! That's awesome! And so fun picking out a new white tee for that!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, awesome commenter! I love feedback and try to respond to all comments (especially ones with questions) if I can find an email or blog address.

Thaaaaaanks for reading!